To create or change custom fields: Administrator
Open the setup page.
- Go to My Account
- Go to Company
- Go to Custom Field
You can setup fields for the following objects
- CRM Contacts
- CRM Relations
Before you start creating fields we suggest you decide which format of field you need to use.
Type of field
- Field Name / API - Set the name that will be used for this field. This reference wil be used also for InvestGlass API calls.
- Field Label - Set the visible name of the field. This field can be different from the field name API.
- Value Set - Use value sets to share values across objects and custom picklist fields.
- Input Type - Set the type of field expected ( text, date, dropdown, radio button etc...)
- Default Value - Enter the value that will be input each time a new record is created.
- Help Information - Will show a round icon with explanations. This helps to understand which information is expected.
- Page LayoutShow in CRM Tab - Set the field layout.
- Show in CRM Category - Set the field layout.
- Show in CRM as Mandatory - Will show a warning flag is field is empty.
- Searchable in Opportunity List View - Make field visible in Opportunity feature.
- Field Level Security & AccessibilityField Security Classification
- Field Usage - Specify the field usage.
- Compliance Categorization - Specify the field categorization such as PII CID GDPR ...
Link field to another object and field
When you wish to link a field to another reference, you can use the Lookup field. From Value list, you can set the link dynamically to another object.